Friday, April 3, 2009

Crash (By: Christina Fuentes)

Tonight I attended CRASH- a discipleship meeting with other students here at CBU. We learned a practical way to share the gospel with unbelievers. Prior to the last half of our meeting, we watched a YouTube video of a comedian who was an atheist.

The comedian explained that after one of his shows, a businessman spoke with him; complimented him and gave him a pocket-sized Bible with a phone number and email address inside for follow up.
The comedian was quite impressed by this because he knew that the businessman believed that heaven and hell existed. He knew he wanted to share this with the comedian because he didn’t want him to go to hell. Plain and simple, right? What was the comedian’s response to this, you ask?

How much do you have to hate someone not to share your faith? [Whoa.] The comedian gave this analogy: If you knew someone was about to be hit by a truck, wouldn’t you do everything in your power to save them? Even throw yourselves on them to get them out of the way?

You see, there’s no difference when we're faced with sharing our faith. We all have our opinions of what strategies do or do not work, but in reality, are we even sharing at all?
God didn’t save us so we could keep salvation to ourselves. In Acts 20:24, Luke writes “I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.”

I find myself 100% guilty, so don’t take this for some type of holy rollin’ trip. I’m challenging myself and I’m challenging you to share the gospel with others. We need to have compassion for the lost, develop relationships and reach out to them. I would hate to think that I had the opportunity to share with someone and didn’t because I felt awkward or exposed. Let's put aside meaningless conversation and get real with people about our faith. This kind of conversation is the most important one we could ever have.



Christina Fuentes



No comments:

Post a Comment